ST-ST OS2 Duplex Fibre Patch Lead
CERTECH's bending insensitive single-mode fibre provides good resistance to macro-bending. It has low macro-bending sensitivity and low water-peak level. This fibre is comprehensively optimised for use in O-E-S-C-L band (1260-1625 nm).
This fibre offers good resistance to additional losses due to macro-bending in the 1600 nm wavelength region. The not only supports L-band applications, but also allows for easy installation without excessive care when storing the fibre, for example, in splice cassettes. For cable use inside buildings, the fibre supports installations with small cable bending radii and compact organisers. The bending induced loss at 1625 nm and no more than 0.5 dB for one wind with 10 mm radius.
CERTECH's bending insensitive single-mode fibre meets or exceeds the ITU-T recommendation G.652.D/G.657.A including the IEC 60793-2-50 type B1.3 optical fibre specification.
CERTECH's optical fibres are manufactured using the advanced Plasma Activated Chemical Vapour Deposition (PCVD) process. Because of the inherent advantages of this process, the fibre shows ultra accurate refractive index (RI) profile control, excellent geometrical performance, low attenuation, etc.
The optical fibre is also coated with a dual layer UV curable acrylate. This fibre coating system provides the fibre with superior environmental protection. Designed for more stringent tight-buffered cable applications, the fibre also performs perfectly in loose buffer constructions and demonstrates a high resistance to micro-bending. This coating offers very stable coating strip force over a wide range of environmental conditions with no coating residue on the bare glass fibre. In fibre ribbon constructions, this coating system exhibits excellent performance in 60°C water-soak tests, exceeding 100 days. The coated optical fibre has high and stable values for the dynamic stress corrosion susceptibility parameter, which provides greatly improved fibre durability when used in harsh environments.
- Short pitch cables for special applications
- High performance optical networking in O-E-S-C-L band
- High speed optical routes in buildings (FTTx)
- Cables with low bending requirements
- Low attenuation satisfying the operation demand in O-E-S-C-L band
- Good bending loss resistance at short radius bends
- Low micro-bending loss for highly demanding cable designs including ribbons
- Low PMD satisfying high bit-rate and long distance transmission requirements
- Accurate geometrical parameters that insure low splicing loss and high splicing efficiency